Thursday, December 15, 2005

Things I Do Because I'm a Moron Too

It began at Target. I went there with some friends to buy a few things.

When we were all done looking around I got in line to pay for my things. Well, in front of me was a shopping cart full of stuff, but no one was with it. So, I stepped around the cart to pay for my stuff.

As I stepped around the cart a lady came back and stood with it. Apparently, she just went to the next isle to grab gum or something. Well, I know the polite thing to do would have been to step back and let her go since she was ahead of me. But I looked at her, shrugged my shoulders, and put my stuff down on the counter. The cashier looked at me, then the lady, and then back at me. I just gave the cashier a blank stare and she said, "Don't worry about it." I just smiled. I wasn't sure what to think. It was definetly an awkard situation. I figured that if people are going to leave their carts and walk away to get something, I'm going to just step around it and go.

I suppose cutting in line isn't the right thing to do.

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries....next time, just say "Sorry, I thought someone just left this cart!" and move behind her again. She would've laughed, you would've laughed :)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger JC said...

This morning me and mom & sis were at Bath & Body and the line was about out the door. My sis was about 6 people in front of me in line and my mother loudly says "why don't you just jump up their with your sister?" I about died. I figured I would be trampled right then and there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home