Tuesday, November 15, 2005

THE STORY

One day I decided to go to the pet store with my friend Amber. (Warning: never go to the pet store with anyone who loves animals more than you. Bad idea.) I knew that I would be ok going to the pet store because the last time we were there the bunnies they had were ugly. I was wrong.
We walked into the pet store and immediately my eyes were drawn towards 7 cute Holland-Lop bunnies. I tried to focus on the fact that we were only there to get shells for Amber's crab. But I found myself asking the owner, "Is it ok for two rabbits to be together?" and "If I did get another rabbit would I have to get a bigger cage?"
After the game of twenty questions ended I turned around and my eyes locked with another. Those that say there is no love at first sight are wrong. I had fell in love with a bunny. I knew from that moment he had to be mine. There was one problem. Would I be turned down by my husband?
We left the pet store and I called Aaron. This was what I said, "Aaron, I was just at the pet store and they had the cutest bunny ever, can I get it?" (All this was said in about a second.) I'm not sure but I think his answer was, "Do what you have to do." I took that as a yes.

We went to my apartment, grabbed Browny and headed back to the pet store. I had to make sure that Browny would get along with the bunny that I chose. There was love at first sight on both ends.
Aaron and I decided to name the bunny "Buddy." Maybe we should have named him Puppy because Aaron says to him, "How come you're such a bad little puppy? You need to watch Browny and do the good things that he does. Why don't you like to cuddle like Browny does?"
THE END

3 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it.I keep coming to your site to read about the bunnies. And I keep hoping you have pictures. And you do. And that makes me happy. It makes me want a bunny.

Am I ok do you suppose? When I get happy reading about a bunny?

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Buddy . . . I like Puppy more. It's more of an Aaron-esque thing. But Spiro Agnew is still a great name for a rabbit. He was my VP after all.

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bunnies!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home