Tuesday, October 11, 2005

October, the Bestest of Months

The crisp autumn air and the warm hues of orange, yellow, and red leaves are just a few reasons why I love fall, and in particular the month of October.

It's the end of summer and the beginning of a long winter.

Even though winter is not my favorite season I welcome the change. I love this time of year when the leaves are changing, the geese are preparing for their trip south, and children are making piles of leaves and jumping in them (I do this too).

I love the "sweatshirt weather," going outside on long walks and looking at all the trees. (I feel like this sentence was for a single women's ad "I love long walks on the beach, movies, and sitting by the fireplace.")

Oh yeah, you can't forget that my birthday is in October. Maybe that's why I think it's the bestest of months.

7 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Fall is beautiful. Happy birthday (late.. early?)!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger JC said...

Happy B-Day!
Did you take that picture? Where??
I'ts georgous.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Jill- you're great and everything. The fellow is good too . . . but the reason I tune into this blog is for Gina The Rabbit stories. I mean Browny the rabbit so don't forget to bring the little kid home next time you're here. And a Rottie is the way to go for dogs . . . or a German Shepherd.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Jilb said...

I wish I had taken that pic but I goggled it. We don't even have a digital camera yet. I'm working on that though.
Kranny~ I didn't want to post too much about Browny cause I thought people would get sick of it. And it's good to make people wait. I don't know if we'll bring him home cause I'm sure our parents don't want a bunny in the house.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger truemvr said...

but Gina could play with it... play with it!

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Jilb said...

Gina would be scared of it.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger jac-atac said...

Oh my gosh that picture is gorgeous. I had to take a few digital pictures of fall colors (i was thinking of posting a couple but that might be copying truemvr) and a couple are okay, but that one you posted is amazing. The photographer must have been using a very expensive camera! That's my excuse anyway. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home