Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Candy, candy, candy...

As a wedding gift we got a pretty glass bowl. Aaron insists that it should always be full of candy. The bowl was getting empty, and I was on my way to Wal-Mart, so I figured I should get some more candy.

Since halloween is a few weeks away there is an over abundance of candy to choose from. I always go for the mix because I like to have the variety. So I'm looking at the candy, trying to decide what mix to get. Should I get regular and peanut M&M's? Or should I go for the mix with that Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey's Bars, and Baby Ruth?

The truth is that when we have a mix there's always a candy bar that we don't like. It always ends up rotting in the bottom of the bowl. Last time it was Nestle Crunch Bar. I was going to get the Reese's Mix but I knew that those plain chocolate Hershey bars would sit there and never get eaten.

So what did I do? I said what the heck I'm going to make my own variety. I bought my candy and went home. Than Aaron walked in the door.

He's like,"Ooh, candy! Nice mix you got. Wow, I didn't know that Twix, Dots, and Peanut Butter Cups came in the same bag."

I said,"Well, umm, they don't."

This is the point where his eyes bugged out. "You mean to tell me you bought three bags of candy today!"

"Well, yeah, I couldn't decide what mix I wanted to get and I knew that we would end up not eating all of the candy. But, hey, they were only like $2 a bag! That's a pretty good deal. Plus, I figured the candy would last for awhile."

He's like,"Well, ok. That's not so bad."

At this point I was very relieved because I knew that Aaron understood my logic, whether or not it was right.

6 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Shainerz said...

I probably would have done the same. At least you know that it will all get eaten, eventually.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger truemvr said...

Yeah, it's not like candy rots... or does it?

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger JC said...

You are going to be a very good wife! I should probably go out and buy candy for my husband.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

I like Nestle's Crunch.

You will send them to me.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger jac-atac said...

Ha! Great story. And I will eat your wondrous Hershey bars the next time you decide to get a mix.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say all of those things but these guys stole them all before I got a chance to comment. Golllllllleeeeeeee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home