Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Possessing the Land

I read this book from Joyce Meyer called 8 Ways to Keep the Devil Under Your Feet. Here's a few things that I've learned.

"For the desires of the flesh are opposed to the Spirit, and the Spirit are opposed to the flesh; for these are antagonistic to each other, so that you are not free but are prevented from doing what you desire to do." Galatians 5:17

This scripture describes how the spirit wars against the flesh and the flesh wars against the spirit, how they coninually antagonize each other. We must learn to deal with our flesh and not let it rule over us.

The flesh must continually be put to death. Not a physical death but a spiritual one. Spiritual death requires being empty of the world and all it's ways, selfishness, self-will, and all the works of the flesh.

When the apostle Paul said, I die daily, (1 Cor. 15-31), he meant that every day he had to say no to wrong things that would hinder him from walking in the good plan God wants to release in His children's lives.

Woow, what a lot to take. I really enjoyed the book though. I will probably put a few things from it in here from time to time. If you get a chance, read it.

4 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

That's awesome. It sounds pretty interesting. Maybe I will check it out.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Oh, and me and you and Jenn and maybe Mike have to go see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory before we leave for camp!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Jilb said...

It sounds like a bunch of us want to go see the movie. Maybe this weekend sometime?

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Yes, definately! Preferably before camp on Monday, because I know I'll spend the money that I do have (I have a lot, but its camp).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home