Friday, June 03, 2005

Praise Report

Praise Report:

1. I didn't feel like going back to work at a Nursing Home so I applied at NHS. Well, they said that they weren't hiring for just the summer. So on Wednesday I called the Nursing Home to see when I could come in to fill out the necessary paperwork to start working again. About an hour before I was supposed to go there I got a call from NHS saying that one of their summer employees had quit and wondered if I still wanted the job? Yeah! I said yes and today was my first day of training.

2. While I was in Bemidji I played this online game called Puzzle Pirates. I got really addicted and decided to buy a month subscription (stupid, yes, I know). I didn't know at the time that they would just keep taking money out of my account until I canceled my subscription. I finally noticed that a ton of money was taken out of my checking account about a week ago. I was so upset because I haven't played Puzzle Pirates since Feb. and all the money had gone to waste! So I canceled my subscription and wrote the founder an email asking him if he would give me my money back. I looked in my account today and all the money is back! Yeah! I was really impressed that I got my money back.

3. College students are poor right? Well, I was (am?) really poor. Seriously, I had no money because I haven't worked in a month and I've been paying all these bills. So, I'm like what am I going to do with $10 to my name? (Asking the parental unit was just out of the question.) When I moved to Bemidji I had switched banks but had never closed the old one. I went in to the bank on Monday to close it and there was still a couple hundred left! Talk about sweet. I have just been so blessed this week.

6 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said...

How'sa bout sharin' the wealth this way?

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger JC said...

Awesome stories! God is sooo faithful. THanks for the encouragement.

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill!! You were in Bemidji?!!? Ahh.. I've missed you!! Hope to see you soon!! ~Lisa

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

That's great, Jilb!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger jac-atac said...

Radical!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Nell, your friendly Red Wing Corrections Officer said...

Bemdiji, I didn't not know you were there, it is such a lovely area and I miss it a great deal. Plus I still have a lot of friends up that way. If I could find a state job up there I would think of transfering, though I love it here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home