Monday, April 04, 2005

Feeling Stupid

Yesterday morning Aaron and I decided to drive to Hibbing (which is 2 hours from Bemidji) to go to church and surprise his family and our friends. When we got about half way to Hibbing I looked at my cell phone to see what time it was. It said 9:46. My car clock said 8:46. I changed my cell phone clock to 8:46 about 3 times but it just kept changing back to 9:46.

I was like what the heck?

Finally, it dawned on me that I had forgot to change my clock the night before and now we were going to be an hour late for church.

I was not a happy person at that point. I felt so stupid. Usually every year my mom will call me the night before and say, “Jill, don’t forget to turn your clock ahead.” Either she forgot to call me or she decided that since I’m going to get married I should know these things.

We ended getting to church right around 10:30. So we weren’t that late. Half the time people walk into church at whatever time they want so it wasn’t that big of a deal.

Did anyone else forget to turn their clocks ahead?


"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30

4 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Mrs. Cournia said...

I had to lead worship, so I was super-anal and set 2 alarms. Otherwise I probably would have forgotten. Glad you made it to church, though!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger JC said...

I had fun sitting in church watching people walk in at 11am! I would have been late probably myself, but my hubby fixed all of our clocks at 8pm so we could work up to the whole time change thing. Yup- were old

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said...

never

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Reinman said...

Haha, stupid Brewers.

Anyway, yeah, we were a couple of dumps, but it was nice to spend some time in old Hib-town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home