Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Cap of Needle

Today I had to give an injection. I had to stick a needle in a fake leg. For some reason I had a problem with this.

I think the problem started two weeks ago. I was sitting in class and we had just had a discussion on how to take the cap off the needle. I thought, “Oh, this looks easy.” I was so wrong! I couldn’t get the cap off for anything. The girl in front of me pricked herself. I started laughing because I thought it was funny. Than I thought there was a possibility that I might stick myself too. And I did. About two seconds later. It wasn’t as funny anymore.

It didn’t really hurt that bad but it was annoying because my finger wouldn’t stop bleeding.

Last night I was practicing taking off my needle cap because I was so paranoid that in my test-out today that I would stick myself and the teacher would get angry and I would have to start the test all over again. So, I practiced and practiced. The boy got a little annoyed because we were supposed to watch Attack of the Clones but couldn’t because it got too late after I started messing with the needle. I was so scared to take the cap off the needle because I thought I would stick myself. Finally, he just took the needle and yanked the cap off. I thought for sure he was going to stick himself. But he didn’t.

When it was my turn for the test out today I did everything perfect. I found out at the beginning of class that we could use a needle that we had practiced with. So I took out a new needle, took off the cap about twenty times, and used it for my test-out.

Sometimes, I think that I just get worked up over nothing.

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Proverbs 11:2

12 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Reinman said...

See? Nothing to worry about.

(And if you thought I was getting annoyed because we weren't watching Episode II, imagine how I would've been if we were missing Empire or something.)

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said...

I bet. Did you jam the needle into the leg? That's what I would've done. That totally would have shut that fake leg up.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger JC said...

OK- I'm hung up on the fake leg...what exactly does a "fake leg" consist of? Please explain before my imagination runs wild. (I just finished reading this embalming article)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Tiffer said...

it is easy to get stressed out about things that involve school and tests i have learned that if you take a deep breathe and let it go it helps.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Jilb said...

The fake leg is just what it says a fake leg. There are a ton of fake body parts that we've dealt with. It's just a leg. Don't let your imagination run wild. haha

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Shallorhay said...

Be careful there. I heard "Revenge Of The Fake Leg" was really scary.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Ambo said...

my brother had to give an injection to his partner in his class. the girl next to him fainted and when she fell she fell on the needle. at least she didnt get hurt- she stopped coming to class after that though :(

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger the devine one said...

And Aaron didn't poke himself? That's a little surprising..

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

You two are starting to sound a liiiiiittle too much like us old folks. It's more than a bit frightening.

Me & the Blond

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jilb said...

I know. Scary isn't it?

I suppose it's normal though

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the most hilarious blog ever! Probably cuz you told me in person too....hehehe!

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous xaphil said...

I am entertained.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home