Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Cap of Needle

Today I had to give an injection. I had to stick a needle in a fake leg. For some reason I had a problem with this.

I think the problem started two weeks ago. I was sitting in class and we had just had a discussion on how to take the cap off the needle. I thought, “Oh, this looks easy.” I was so wrong! I couldn’t get the cap off for anything. The girl in front of me pricked herself. I started laughing because I thought it was funny. Than I thought there was a possibility that I might stick myself too. And I did. About two seconds later. It wasn’t as funny anymore.

It didn’t really hurt that bad but it was annoying because my finger wouldn’t stop bleeding.

Last night I was practicing taking off my needle cap because I was so paranoid that in my test-out today that I would stick myself and the teacher would get angry and I would have to start the test all over again. So, I practiced and practiced. The boy got a little annoyed because we were supposed to watch Attack of the Clones but couldn’t because it got too late after I started messing with the needle. I was so scared to take the cap off the needle because I thought I would stick myself. Finally, he just took the needle and yanked the cap off. I thought for sure he was going to stick himself. But he didn’t.

When it was my turn for the test out today I did everything perfect. I found out at the beginning of class that we could use a needle that we had practiced with. So I took out a new needle, took off the cap about twenty times, and used it for my test-out.

Sometimes, I think that I just get worked up over nothing.

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Proverbs 11:2

10 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Reinman said...

See? Nothing to worry about.

(And if you thought I was getting annoyed because we weren't watching Episode II, imagine how I would've been if we were missing Empire or something.)

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger dangeresque dan said...

I bet. Did you jam the needle into the leg? That's what I would've done. That totally would have shut that fake leg up.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger JC said...

OK- I'm hung up on the fake leg...what exactly does a "fake leg" consist of? Please explain before my imagination runs wild. (I just finished reading this embalming article)

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Jilb said...

The fake leg is just what it says a fake leg. There are a ton of fake body parts that we've dealt with. It's just a leg. Don't let your imagination run wild. haha

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful there. I heard "Revenge Of The Fake Leg" was really scary.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

And Aaron didn't poke himself? That's a little surprising..

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Colonel Havoc said...

You two are starting to sound a liiiiiittle too much like us old folks. It's more than a bit frightening.

Me & the Blond

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Jilb said...

I know. Scary isn't it?

I suppose it's normal though

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the most hilarious blog ever! Probably cuz you told me in person too....hehehe!

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am entertained.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home