Thursday, March 31, 2005

Taking the Time

It seems that God has been sending me a message lately. It’s a message that I’ve known for some time but I just haven’t acted on what it. The message is: He wants me to spend more time with him! Now, I know how basic that sounds. Lately, I just haven’t been taking the time to spend with Him.

It seems that everyone I talk to is saying have you spent enough time with God? Every sermon I’ve heard lately is about spending time with God. I read people’s blogs and they say to spend time with Him. Why can’t I just take the hint?

I can say that I do read the Bible every day but I don’t think I am actually taking in what I read. I’m in a contest with myself to see if I can read the Bible everyday and finish it within a year. Well, I’m going to win this contest. I started reading last May and I will be down in about a week. It’s not a bad thing to read everyday but it is bad that I don’t take in what I read. I read just to read.

I’ve known ever since I went to SALT that I needed to spend more time with God and for awhile I was doing just that. Lately, I haven’t been spending the time that I should in His presence. It seems that things always get in the way. I need to study, I have homework, I need to visit with friends, the TV is on, and whatever else is going on. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I just need to put God in my top priorities.

Are you like me? Never taking the time to spend with God? Let me tell you this: He wants you to spend time with Him. If you take the time to spend with Him he’ll show you so many things!

So take that time today to spend with Him.

"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience."

Hebrews 10:22

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger JC said...

Keep up the passion and desire to spend time with God. One thing that helps me out is that I schedule in time to be with Him. I'm a person motivated by my "to-do" list, so I make sure time with Him is on that list. Also, drive time is a great prayer/worship time too.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

True, Jenny, but not all of us can drive yet. But I do have a paper route, a time that I often use to spend time with God. Lately at school, I go "wow, my day really sucks. I should go read my Bible and spend time with God! I'll feel so much better!" but, you guessed it, I never do. I just "forget" or something else comes up. But that's dumb. From now on, I'll do it right after school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home