Friday, February 18, 2005

Fish as friends

Everyone I know has started this thing called blogging. I decided it didn't seem to bad and wanted to check it out. So here I am.

You may wonder about the fish are friends, not food. Many of you know that this quote is from Finding Nemo but it also means something else to me. I was in Wal-mart about a month ago and saw something that I just had to have. Two little yellow African Cichlids were calling to me in their tank. They were saying, "Jill, we love you, take us home." How could I resist that? So I bought them. I bought them, a tank, food, fake plants, and rocks. I went to Wal-mart with a friend so she could buy fish and I ended up walking out with two of my very own.

I never thought of fish as very interesting. Let me tell you I was very wrong. If you have fish you will understand. Once I brought them home I watched them for an hour. I couldn't believe it when I saw them put rocks in their mouths and carry them around the tank. Talk about crazy fish. One of the fish, Eugene, decided to make this bright yellow and pink house his home. He wouldn't let Ducky, the other fish, anywhere near it. Everytime Ducky swam by the house Eugene would chase him away. It got very interesting. I think that Ducky would swim by just to antagonize Eugene.

To me, fish are friends, not food.

3 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I love my fish. Sushi and Tadzio. They're fab.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Dude, Jill, I have a fish named Eugene. What a small world! Mine's a beta, he's cute.

Congrats on the engage-o. This is Brooke, by the way.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Yes, Brooke Devine. Not so anonymous now. Dude, it makes me want to get fish. I shall name one nemo, and give it to a certain person i know, Jerry. He's a cool kid. Wait, this isn't my blog, i can't go off saying stuff like that. Forget about it!

tootles! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home